Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture is a modern technique based on ancient Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) philosophies. For thousands of years TCM (a combination of acupuncture, Chinese herbs and massage) has been used to improve health and well being, treat numerous illnesses as well as being used as a preventative against disease. Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture is a modern specialty of this great medicine.
What is involved?
FRA treatments incorporate an intensive body acupuncture treatment to ensure the energy (Qi), in the body's channels, flows smoothly. These treatments also include specialized facial acupuncture (with super fine acupuncture needles) and massage techniques.
How does it work?
As with all acupuncture, FRA balances the body's energy and encourages the flow of Qi and blood to the face. This improved circulation improves skin tone, relaxes the muscles and allows fine lines to disappear.
What results can I expect?
As with most procedures, results depend on the individual, e.g. age, health, smoking, sun damage, etc. but clients say they look and feel 5 to 10 years younger and certainly a lot healthier. You can expect the following as well as experiencing a wonderful relaxing sense of well being with each treatment.
The benefits of FRA:
- Eliminates fine lines
- Reduces larger wrinkles
- Reduces bags under the eyes
- Reduces sagging jowls
- Decreases puffiness around the face
- Dry skin feels moist
- Improves facial colour and skin tone
- Reduces drooping eyelids
- Reduces stress appearing in the face
- Improves inner vitality and gives a healthy glow
What are the risks?
Bruising is a distinct possibility although generally minor and unnoticeable and usually only occurs in the early stages of the treatment and is easily managed.
How long does it last?
Again this depends on the individual but 5 to 7 years would be expected, especially if "booster" treatments were maintained.
Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture and Cosmetic Acupuncture are not the same. FRA is an intensive treatment targeted for the mature person as it has specialized techniques to give a more "lifting" effect. Cosmetic acupuncture is an abbreviated version of FRA and is suitable for anyone wanting to:
- maintain their youthful appearance
- target certain areas e.g. around the mouth or furrow
- have previously had cosmetic surgery, or
- postpone the early signs of aging.
Duration: (2 hours) Cost: $250
- Traditional Chinese Medicine constitutional analysis
- Intensive body acupuncture treatment
- Auricular (ear) therapy
- 30 minutes facial massage including: acupressure, Jade Roller and Gua Sha techniques
- The FRA unique "lifting" acupuncture
- Intensive facial acupuncture
- Moxibustion if required
- Finishing with a relaxing and refreshing massage
- Suit: older women and anyone wanting a young and tighter appearance to their face including the neck and double chin
- 2 x complimentary treatment vouchers at our clinic valued at $160.00
- Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicines
- BOOSTERS: Three or four during the year depending on individual requirements.